Girl Scouts NorCal is thrilled to once again offer our Camp CEO teen girl leadership camp, set for August 6-9, 2014, in Dorrington, CA, and we appreciate your help in finding deserving girls to be participants.
Camp CEO is GS NorCal’s unique event for teen girls who attend a four-day camp where they work with specifically-targeted adult female mentors who have been successful in their field. Ideal candidates for Camp CEO aren’t necessarily the girls with the highest GPA, but they are girls with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for new learning opportunities. These girls may have identified risk factors such as lack of extra-curricular activities, too much responsibility outside of school, or minimal adult support. No previous Girl Scout experience is required. This will be our tenth anniversary of Camp CEO!
Camp CEO gives girls the important opportunity to have a direct link to successful women who can advise on career exploration, resume building, college preparation, and much more. In addition to workshops ranging from financial literacy to self esteem, girls and mentors will bond by participating in the fun traditional camp activities that Camp Sugar Pine has to offer, including teambuilding, swimming, the high adventure course, arts and crafts, archery, etc.
Camp CEO Guidelines:
- We have 52 spots open for Camp CEO 2014.
- The event is free for girls. All meals will be provided, as well as special camp items like sunscreen and bug spray. A packing list will be provided to girls who are selected.
- Camp CEO is open to high school girls, from those entering 9th grade in the fall of 2014 to those entering 12th grade in the fall of 2014. Girls who will graduate in the spring of 2014 are not eligible.
- Transportation by chartered bus will be provided to Camp Sugar Pine, located in the Sierra foothills of Calaveras County about three hours northeast of San Francisco. We will be offering bus stops in different locations based on the geographic locations of the majority of our applicants. Girls are responsible for their transportation to and from bus stops.
- Girls must complete an application and have a non-related reference fill out a reference form.
- Deadline for application is May 20, 2014. Our committee will announce the selected participants by June 5. We will establish a waiting list as needed.
- Once selected, girls MUST attend one orientation, with dates and locations to be announced in their confirmation packets. Not attending will result in a girl losing her spot.
- All selected girl participants MUST have a physical examination by a doctor within one year of the dates of Camp CEO. We will be offering free physicals to girls in locations to be announced in confirmation packets.
- Adult chaperones are not needed for this event, as girls will be supervised by Girl Scout staff.Thank you for helping us to recruit girls for this important program. If you have questions, please contact Dana Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 562-8470, ext. 1601. You can also visit girlscoutsnorcal.org/campceo for more information.